Smartline was established in 1999 with the simple goal of building Australia’s best mortgage-broking business and putting people, rather than banks, in control of their loan options.
We never set out to create Australia’s biggest or most well-known mortgage-broking business. Our goal was to give people the right loan advice and help them get ahead – be it buying a home, paying off their loan sooner or growing their property portfolio.
So, we created a franchise business with smarter software and recruited the most experienced and knowledgeable advisers from the banking world. instead of advertising to the masses, we focused our energy and resources on providing remarkable service to every single one of our clients.
In June 2017, REA Group – owners of realestate.com.au – purchased a major stake in Smartline. The partnership is a great strategic fit for both businesses and our like-minded values have helped us build an even stronger market position. In July 2019, REA Group purchased the remaining stake and now have 100% ownership of Smartline.
Smartline today – unique in the Australian mortgage industry
- Strong national footprint – 300+ expert advisers
- A well-established, trusted brand – we have helped 300,000+ Australians to secure loans
- Highly successful, satisfied franchisees – more than 80% of Smartline Advisers are still with us after three years, a statistic well above all other mortgage-broking groups
- Excellence in client service – 4.9/5 client rating and 85% referral or repeat business
- Awarded numerous mortgage, finance and franchise industry awards
- Fully accredited members of the Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia and Australian Financial Complaints Authority
- A strong supporter of charities and local communities, with over $2 million donated to date
Australia’s Top Franchise – 10 years out of 11
We provide a wealth of support to help our franchisees succeed and deliver a level of service that clients love, return to, and tell their friends about. As a result, we’ve been awarded Australia’s Top Franchise 10 times since the awards began 11 years ago.