Smartline has a Client Charter that includes 16 promises to you. These are your assurances that we will provide you with the highest standards of service and client care.
Our Personal Mortgage Advisers
1. All our Smartline Advisers are full-time mortgage specialists who undertake ongoing training to ensure they meet our service commitment at all times.
2. Our Smartline Advisers are fully qualified and accredited professionals who are covered by Smartline’s Credit Licence and professional indemnity insurance.
Our Service Commitment
3. We will take the time to listen to you and understand your situation.
4. We will help you understand your options and choose a loan that is right for your needs.
5. We will explain clearly all the details of your chosen loan and put our recommendation in our Statement of Mortgage Advice or credit proposal.
6. We will do as much of the paperwork for you as we can and submit your loan application to the lender on your behalf.
7. We will liaise with your lender and other third parties and keep you informed every step of the way.
8. We will present you with an option to obtain loan protection insurance.
9. With your permission, we will maintain ongoing contact with you, to keep you up-to-date with market changes.
10. We will contact you every year to review your situation and ensure your loans are still working well for you.
Our panel of lenders
11. Our panel of lenders is a well-balanced selection of more than 30 of Australia’s leading home loan lenders. We review the panel on an ongoing basis, and add or remove lenders as appropriate.
How we are paid
12. The lender you have chosen pays us a commission, which we will fully disclose to you.
Protecting your privacy
13. We will respect your personal information and take all reasonable precautions to protect your privacy.
Resolving any problems
15. Our Smartline Advisers will endeavour to directly resolve any disputes quickly and fairly.
16. We maintain a free and accessible internal appeals process, which you can access by calling Client Relations on 13 14 97 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.