Why become a Smartline franchisee
Find out why Smartline has been ranked #1 - 10 out of the last 12 years*
- 50% higher than industry average annual settlements (circa $18 million)
- Top franchise 10 of the last 12 years *
- Loan book sales multiples of 2.5-3 times annual trail income
- High support model Franchisees focus on the income earning activities (business development, setting up and maintaining referral partnerships, meeting clients etc) and Smartline supports the non-income earning activities (lending support, compliance, marketing, IT etc.)
- Industry leading compliance and protection for franchisees With systems and processes to make compliance easier so you can focus on writing loans
- No territories You can write business Australia wide
- Culture Intangible, but a culture where everyone cares, best practice is shared and franchisees support each other
Becoming a Smartline franchiseeTo be part of the Smartline family means you’re part of a successful group of mortgage advisers who are very much focused on helping their clients. Smartline’s been recognised as Franchise of the Year for 10 out of the last 12 years and the reason why is the culture. Plus, we’re uniquely positioned against the rest of the market because not only do we have a great brand and great access to the audience within the REA enterprise, it’s the information that we give our customers to help them make better decisions.
What does it take to start and build a successful Smartline franchise?While experience in lending is an advantage, it’s not mandatory. Our brokers come from different backgrounds and industries, but they all have these two things common:
- A strong work ethic.
- The drive to build a business from the ground up.
What are the first steps to become a Smartline Mortgage Broker Franchisee?To start your path to become a Smartline Mortgage Broker Franchisee you need to:
- Complete a Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking.
- Participate in our training and recruitment program.
- Pass a criminal and credit check.
Set up, training and mentoringSmartline’s onboarding process is in an industry-leading program designed to help you at every stage of setting up and running your business. It includes:
- A central point of contact to help you through the process.
- Induction training, including a one-week intensive course at Smartline's head office.
- Post induction lending training, including on-going training when you need it.
- Lending support - help to find the best lenders and to understand the products available to grow your business.
- Access to RP data for 12-months at no extra cost.
- Mentoring - 1:1 meetings with your state manager.
- 12-month business coaching program, designed to build your business.
Ready to build a business you can be proud of?
Meet some of our franchise owners and find out what they have to say about their rewarding career change.
Long term plans John Speirs has built an extremely successful award-winning...Find out more
Smartline’s focus on teamwork and relationships a winner With more than 30...Find out more
Follow our Smartline Franchise Recruitment blog for industry info, tips and how to get into your own mortgage business.
3 steps to really get to know your customers
By Jess Jones Let’s start at the beginning. Now, this is something so many...Find out more
Are you broking blindfolded?
As a mortgage broker, finding your clients the right home loan is the basis of...Find out more