Information for Property Investors on the Gold Coast corridor.
Preparation for the 2018 Commonwealth Games includes many facility, road and community upgrades that is creating many jobs throughout the gold coast.
The Gold Coast struggled through the GFC, the impact to the local economy and capital values of properties prices and assets were also linked to the booming mining industry as many workers took fly in fly out jobs chasing income they has lost from Construction. The reverse is now evident.
The Gold Coast is coming off a very low Median Price in comparison to most capital cities on the eastern seaboard. Affordability will remain a key to ongoing investment and SEQ is well positioned to take advantage of this given the growth in Sydney and Melbourne has been so strong and SEQ’s growth is just commencing.
There was very little construction throughout the GFC and recently. This has caused an undersupply in the residential market with rents already increasing and competition among families for these rental prices being highly publicised as having some of the lowest vacancy rates in the country.
There are limited development opportunities for greenfield development on the GC. The GC corridor is expected to be completely built out by 2025 based on the current demand and population growth projections.
- Residential sales volumes have increased by 11% over the past two years.
- Median House Values have increased by 11.2% over the past two years.
Major projects include;
- The $1 Billion Coomera Town Centre development by Westfield.
- The $2 Billion Coomera Indoor sports facility for the commonwealth games being constructed behind Dreamworld.
- The second stage of the GC Light Rail being extended from the new University Hospital through to Helensvale
- The construction of the Commonwealth Games Athletes Village at Parkwood.
- The development of the China Town precinct in Southport.
- The $700 Million upgrade and expansion of Pacific Fair Shopping Centre.
- The new 6 star hotel being constructed by Jupiter’s Hotel.
- Numerous Residential Highrise projects throughout Southport, Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach
- Cruise ship terminal
- Stage 3 of the light rail to Coolangatta Airport
- Upgrade of the M1 through to the Tugun Bypass.
- Upgrade to Metricon Stadium at Carrara Sports Complex
Need Finance or further info on the new projects – contact us below.