A milestone year for Karen Le Comte – 2021
Karen Le Comte has topped off yet another incredibly successful year with a suite of wins at the annual Smartline Awards.
As winner of QLD Franchise of the Year 2021, Karen cements her reputation as one of the country’s top personal mortgage advisers, demonstrating excellence across a range of areas including loan volumes and growth, community profile, and client service and care.
She also took out the QLD Commercial Award and the QLD High Achievement Award (in recognition of settling above $60 million for the year); and was named finalist in the Insurance Award and Business Growth categories.
While these accolades highlight Karen’s outstanding professional performance, she is quick to credit much of her success to her team and the support of her clients and the wider community of The Redlands.
‘It really is a team effort and I couldn’t do what I do without them,’ she says. ‘I started with Smartline in 2006 and we’ve won awards every year since then, which is great. But what’s even better is the fact that we’re still here and able to help people. It’s always a great feeling to win, but for us, the true reward is in helping our clients.’
This year Karen attained another significant professional milestone: she has submitted and settled over $1 billion (exactly $1,054,879,787.75) in loans as a Smartline Personal Mortgage Adviser, and has helped over 4000 clients achieve their financial goals. These high numbers are testament to Karen’s standing within the local community and her dedication to building positive, long-term relationships with every client.
‘We offer a holistic service – it’s not just about writing the loan and settling the loan, we really take servicing our clients to the next level,’ she says. ‘For example, we have a full-time staff member dedicated to reviewing our clients’ existing loans, constantly working to make sure they are always accessing the most competitive deal.’
Over the years Karen – and her daughter Erin, who has been a pivotal member of the team for the past 10 years – have become trusted advisers across The Redlands region, with a large base of repeat and referred customers. ‘Because we’ve been around for a while now, we’re doing generational lending. So my clients from 30 years ago, Erin and I are now helping their children find a loan for their first home,’ she says.
‘A lot of our clients become friends, it’s not a transaction. We want to be part of their everyday life and if they need anything to do with money we’re always here as a trusted sounding-board.’
Looking towards the future, Karen and Erin aim to continue providing their trademark award-winning service and helping their clients achieve financial success.
Karen Le Comte crowned mortgage broker of the year 2010
Adding to her already impressive list of accolades, Smartline Mortgage Adviser Karen Le Comte has taken out the award for Mortgage Broker of the Year at the 2010 Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) Excellence Awards
“My focus on providing a highly tailored advisory service has strongly differentiated me from my competitors. I believe this is what people want at a time when the service levels of the banks are dropping and when there is a large amount of often complex, confusing and contradictory information circulating about financial matters,” says Karen.
At a time when many people are downsizing their operations, Karen took on a third support team member, a Loans Administrator, to not only help manage existing workloads, but to ensure that as a team Smartline Cleveland can continue to provide the high levels of client service that they pride themselves on as they continue to grow in the future.
Karen’s business proved to be successful from the outset and for the past two years has been consistently rated in Smartline’s top two (out of more than 140 franchises nationally).
The MFAA Excellence Awards recognise mortgage and finance experts who display professionalism, integrity, ethical conduct, innovation and role-model value. Winners must also show innovation and contribution, not only to the industry, but to their local communities.
Karen Le Comte at the 2009 Women in Business Awards
Young Gun of the Year Finalist
Karen Le Comte at the 2008 Women in Business Awards
- Smartline Hall of Fame 2018
- Smartline Franchise Owner of the Year National 2008
- Smartline Franchise Owner of the Year QLD Winner 2017, 2021
- Smartline Franchise Owner of the Year QLD Finalist 2007 – 2021
- Smartline High Achievement Award 2007 – 2021
- Smartline Commercial Award QLD Winner 2020, 2021
- Smartline Business Growth Award QLD Finalist 2021
- Smartline Insurance Award QLD Winner 2020
- Smartline Insurance Award QLD Finalist 2021
- Smartline Client Care Award 2017, 2018
- Smartline QLD Client Service Award Finalist 2007, 2008, 2011, 2016
- Smartline National Lenders’ Choice Award Winner 2010, 2012
- Smartline National Lenders’ Choice Award Finalist 2010 – 2013
- Smartline Lenders’ Choice Award QLD Winner 2012-2015, 2017
- Smartline National Marketing Champion National Winner 2007, 2009, 2011
- Smartline National Marketing Champion National Finalist 2014
- Smartline Marketing Champion QLD Winner 2012-2016
- Smartline Marketing Champion QLD Finalist 2017, 2018
- Smartline Rookie of the Year Winner 2007
- MFAA Individual Residential Finance Broker Award QLD Finalist 2019
- MFAA Community Champion Award QLD Finalist 2019
- MFAA Customer Service Award QLD Finalist 2019
- MFAA Awards: Residential Finance Broker Award Finalist 2019
- MFAA Awards: Community Champion Award Finalist 2019
- Redland Retail Awards Finalist 2014, 2015
- Telstra Women In Business Award Finalist 2010
- MFAA Mortgage Broker of the Year 2010
- MPA Top 100 Broker 2009
- Women In Business Awards (Business and Financial Services) Winner 2009
- MFAA Mortgage Broker of the Year Finalist 2009
- AMA Young Gun of the Year Finalist 2007
- AMA Best Customer Service From an Individual Office Finalist 2012
- Karen Le Comte’s latest PR.