I’m pleased to share with you the latest of Smartline’s monthly state-based property updates.
In the video, CoreLogic presents for Smartline the latest housing data for QLD.
This month’s key trends include:
– The Brisbane property market is holding firm with dwelling values unchanged over October. Values are just 0.3% higher over the year.
– House values remain the primary driver of dwelling values and are helping to offset the downturn in the unit market, which remains 11.2% below its previous high in 2010. As supply levels move back towards balance and demand starts to rise, we may see some improvement in the unit market.
– Median house values are 342K lower than Sydney and 173K lower than Melbourne; Brisbane’s comparative affordability is likely to be a key factor in attracting more migrants to the region.
– Yields in Brisbane remain well above Melbourne and Sydney with houses at 4.2% and units at 5.2%.
– Time on Market has risen a little since this time last year, and is now at 56 days.
I hope you find the video of interest. Let me know if you have any feedback or want to discuss anything.