By Jess Jones
If you’re looking at how to take your business or career to the next level, consider focusing on building your personal brand. This means coming out from the shadows of your business and growing your profile in the industry you work in.
Positioning yourself as an expert in your field gives you:
- leverage when it comes to securing strategic partnerships
- credibility as someone who knows the ins and outs of their industry and its players
- media opportunities
- a strong personal network
- someone who people come to for advice and assistance
So how do you do it?
- Write – start with your own blog or social media profiles and write about what you know, and what you think and feel about your industry. Become an expert or thought leader for your industry. Once you’re comfortable (or even if you’re not!), start asking to write for other people’s blogs and publications.
- Network – attend networking events (even if it’s online for now) specific to your industry as well as general business events, workshops and webinars. The more you make yourself and your expertise known, the more connections you’ll make. But remember to consider how you can help those you meet or connect them with potential customers. Networking isn’t all about you and your own business!</li>
- Collaborate – find businesses with like-minded audiences, then work together to create great content and offers for both groups of clientele.