SMARTLINE LOCAL HEROES FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
|Promoter||Smartline Home Loans Pty Ltd (ABN 38 085 370 270) of 511 Church Street, Richmond VIC 3121 (Smartline, “we”). Smartline is a subsidiary of REA Group Ltd (ABN 54 068 349 066).|
|How to Enter||During the Promotion Period, nominate your local hero by:
1. Posting an image on the Smartline Personal Mortgage Advisers Facebook page wall OR on your own Instagram page, explaining why you’re nominating them
2. Include the hashtag #smartlinehero
3. Like either the Smartline Personal Mortgage Advisers Facebook page or follow the Smartline Instagram page @smartlineadvisers.
You are only entitled to enter once on either platform.
|Competition Period||The Competition Period commences at 12:00am (AEST) on Monday 22 June 2020 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on Friday 31 July 2020 (Competition Period).|
|Selection of Winners||50 winning entries will be selected by a representative of the Promoter, based on the inspirational nature of the story and accompanying image (each a Winning Entry).
There will be 25 winning entries on Facebook and 25 winning entries on Instagram. You are only entitled to win once on either platform.
Smartline may, in extenuating circumstances and at its sole discretion, increase or decrease the number of Winning Entries on either platform (Facebook or Instagram).
|Prizes||50 x $100 Prezzee eGift Cards (RRP $100)Up to 50 Prizes to be won (25 on Facebook and 25 on Instagram).
|Notification of Winners||On Facebook, the winners will be notified via Facebook Comment or Facebook Messenger and will be directed to email the Promoter with any details required to deliver the Prize.
On Instagram, the winners will be notified via Instagram Comment or Instagram Direct Message and will be directed to email the Promoter with any details required to deliver the Prize.
The winners will be notified by 5.00 pm (AEST) on Friday 7 August 2020.
The Promoter will take no responsibility if a winner’s details are incorrect or incomplete and the winner cannot be contacted.
|Prize Claim Date and Time||Prizes must be accepted by 5:00 pm (AEST) on Friday 14 August 2020.|
About these Terms
- Information relating to the Competition and the above Schedule together form the Terms of the Competition. By participating in the Competition, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions (Terms).
- To enter, you must be an Australian resident, currently located within Australia, aged 18 years or over.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Smartline franchisees and brokers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- We may contact you to verify your identity, age or place of residence to confirm your eligibility to enter. We may also need to verify the identity of your local hero to confirm the validity of your entry.
- We may disqualify you if we reasonably believe that you have breached these Terms or have compromised the fair conduct of this Competition by acting unlawfully or improperly.
- You are fully responsible for all of your entry content and materials, including all comments, responses, videos, artwork and images (Entry Content).
- If only one entry is permitted per entrant, your first entry will be deemed to be your entry (we will disregard later entries including ones submitted via alternative email addresses/accounts).
- We may remove or refuse to publish Entry Content without notice.
- If your Entry Content breaches clause 9 or is incomplete, indecipherable or inaudible, we will deem the entry invalid.
- You represent and warrant that:
- your Entry Content is your original work, or you have the consent of the author to submit it;
- your Entry Content is not misleading or deceptive, fraudulent, discriminatory, defamatory, obscene, sexually inappropriate, abusive, harassing, threatening, or unsuitable for children aged under 15;
- your Entry Content will not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and
- if your Entry Content depicts, quotes or refers to another individual or the brand or product of another entity, you have the consent of that individual or entity.
- You consent to any use of the Entry Content which may otherwise infringe the Entry Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and you warrant that you have full authority to give us that consent.
- You grant us and our related entities a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display your Entry Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media.
- You agree that if you are a winner, you consent to us using your name or image to promote this promotion and any products or services we supply.
- Smartline reserves the right, at any time, in its discretion to vary these Terms, or to cancel, postpone or reschedule the Competition.
Selection of Winners
- Each entry will be reviewed by the Promoter and winners will be selected in accordance with the process outlined in the Schedule above. This is a game of skill, and chance will play no part in determining the winners.
- We may select additional reserve entries which we determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
- Smartline’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be notified and Prizes delivered in accordance with the process outlined in the Schedule above.
- If you win the Prize but do not take it (or part of it) at the time specified by us, then you will forfeit the Prize (or the relevant part of it).
- If the Prize (or part of it) is unavailable, we will provide a substitute Prize of equal value and/or specification.
- You cannot exchange the Prize (or any part of it) for cash, goods or services.
- The Prize may require you to accept terms that apply to the use or supply of the Prize (for example terms and conditions attaching to subscription products, gift vouchers, supply of goods, event entry conditions, etc.) We are not a party to, or carry any liability in connection with, any third party terms.
- In the event that a winner is uncontactable and the Prize remains unclaimed by 5.00pm AEST on Friday 14 August 2020, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries, as determined by the Promoter.
- Any redraw winner will be notified by Instagram Message or Facebook Messenger (as applicable) on Tuesday 18 August 2020.
- Winners cannot exchange the Prize (or any part of it) for goods or services.
- These Terms refer to Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) unless otherwise stated.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- Without limiting any other terms herein, you agree to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the Terms.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram and by entering this promotion you hereby release Facebook and Instagram from any liability in respect of this promotion.
- These Terms are governed by, and are to be construed in accordance with, the laws enforceable in Victoria, Australia. Each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts exercising jurisdiction in Victoria, Australia and any court hearing appeals from those courts.